The benefits of Greek yogurt with berries…and its delicious recipes! Today’s dish from Bimaristan’s healthy meal is Greek yogurt with berries. Greek yogurt is preferred by many over regular yogurt. Because it is low in fat and has a thick creamy texture, in addition to its delicious taste. There is no dispute about the enormous benefits of Greek yogurt that promote human health.
In mixing delicious Greek yogurt with good berries, we get a delicious mixture rich in nutrients that benefit human health with high benefits. It contains a high value of calcium, iodine, protein, probiotics and vitamin B12.
Benefits of Greek yogurt with berries
Strong bones and healthy teeth
The mixture of Greek yogurt with berries is rich in the elements needed to maintain healthy bones and teeth, such as calcium, protein and vitamin B12. These elements strengthen bones and teeth and reduce the risk of osteoporosis, a disease that causes weak and brittle bones and increases the risk of infection in postmenopausal women.
Greek yogurt with berries is a good source of protein that helps build muscle. And the protein works with the fibers in yogurt to help people feel full for a long time, and thus eat less. By adding yogurt to a balanced diet, it contributes to weight loss. Because it is relatively low in calories.
Greek yogurt contains probiotics, that is, the good bacteria in the intestines that maintain intestinal health, facilitate digestion, and strengthen and stimulate the stomach.
It contains a large amount of soluble dietary fiber that maintains the health of the digestive system, treats constipation and reduces the chances of bloating. It prolongs the feeling of satiety.
Strong immune system
Yogurt contains antioxidants that help fight diseases and viruses and strengthen the immune system.
Greek yogurt improves mental health, as it works to strengthen the intestines and improve its activity, and thus the stomach works to increase the secretion of the hormones serotonin and dopamine, which are responsible for good mental health.
- Greek yogurt with berries improves blood sugar and controls insulin levels. Fermented milk and probiotics lower blood pressure.
How to make Greek yogurt with berries
Canned Greek yogurt can be too expensive for your monthly diet budget, especially in the midst of times of economic crisis that society is going through. Therefore, we present to you the easiest ways to prepare Greek yogurt with berries at home:
1- The Greek yogurt method
- 2 cups of fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of white honey
- Half a cup of fresh berries
How to prepare
- Put the yogurt and berries in a bowl and mix
- Gradually add honey until you reach an acceptable taste for you
- Place the mixture in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge until serving
2- The cow’s milk method
- 4 kilos of cow’s milk
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 cup of fresh cut berries
way of preparation
- Put the milk in a saucepan over low heat and stir from time to time.
- Use a thermometer, and turn off the heat when the milk temperature reaches 180°C.
- Leave the milk to cool aside until it reaches a temperature of 100°C.
- Take about half a cup of hot milk and put it in a bowl and add yogurt to it.
- Mix them together and pour them over the remaining amount of milk. Cover mode.
- Cover the bowl of milk with a cloth and leave it in a warm place overnight.
- Place a cloth in a strainer set over a large bowl. Pour the milk and yogurt mixture into the strainer, and leave it for 3 to 5 hours until all the liquids are drained.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the fresh raspberry pieces to it and mix them together.
- Place the Greek yogurt and berries mixture in an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator. You can keep it there for up to two weeks at most.
You can add any kind of fruit instead of berries, and you can add nuts to add a delicious taste. Be sure to wash and soak any fruit before adding it. You can soak the fruit in salt water for 20 minutes, then rinse it with water, to ensure that it is completely clean and free of any microbes that may harm your health.
Read Also: 10 Tips And Recipes For a Healthy Heart
Greek yogurt recipes with berries
You can use a mixture of yogurt with berries or Greek yogurt alone in many recipes, as Greek yogurt is included in many distinctive recipes on the table, including salads, appetizers, and desserts. There are various ways to eat it and serve it in basic meals, such as:
- You can add it to oatmeal, cut fresh fruits, and nuts
- You can serve it with banana and cranberry pieces
- It may be added to soups instead of sour cream
- Mixed with pasta sauce to give it a creamy texture
They are added to green salads of vegetables or fruit salads rich in various colors.
- Frozen as ice cream, with or without fruit pieces.
- Smoothie with sliced fruit
- Served with granola chips
Experiment with different preparation and serving methods, add it to any recipe you like, and let yourself be free. When it comes to Greek yogurt, one can’t go wrong!