Benefits Of Watercress For Women, Many people, especially women, have recently turned to nature in choosing healthy foods from vegetables, fruits, and herbs to help medicines and medical treatment systems cure some acute diseases, or adapt and coexist with some chronic diseases.
In this article, we will show you the benefits, properties, and components of a plant that is very important in preserving the body externally by preserving the skin and hair, and internally in helping to treat some diseases, which is the watercress plant.
Be with us, madam, so that we can benefit from some of the benefits of watercress to enjoy better health and a more beautiful look.
What is watercress plant?
- Watercress is a semi-aquatic, leafy green vegetable that belongs to the family (Nasturtium officinale) which also includes cabbage and cabbage.
- Jarir has a sharp, peppery, slightly tangy taste that is more popular in the cuisine of Mediterranean countries.
- Watercress is characterized by its low calories compared to its richness in many different vital vitamins and minerals. Watercress contains more than 50 types of vitamins.
- Watercress contains more calcium than milk, more folic acid than bananas, more vitamin C than oranges, and more vitamin E than broccoli. It also contains biologically active compounds such as flavonols, hydroxycinnamic acids, and others.
- Scientific studies and clinical experiences have proven that regular consumption of the beetroot plant helps to enhance human health and strengthen his body.
What is the nutritional value of watercress?
Did you know, madam, that one cup of watercress contains only 4 calories?!
It also contains:
- 0.782 grams of protein.
- 0.034 of fat.
- 0.17 grams of fiber.
- 0.439 grams of carbohydrates.
- It also contains many vitamins such as (A, C, E, K, folic acid) and some nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, and others.
What are the benefits of watercress for women?
After my lady learned the high nutritional value of the watercress plant, we will present to you the benefits of watercress for women:
1- The benefits of watercress for skin and skin
We all know that the sun’s rays negatively affect the skin; It works to break down the collagen and elastin present in the skin, hence the benefits of watercress in keeping the skin pure and free of wrinkles and cellulite; Because it contains vitamin C and a compound called (Isothiocyanate) or (ITC), which work to prevent the breakdown of collagen in the skin, which leads to smoother and softer skin, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and cellulite.
Also, watercress acts as a natural antidote for some skin diseases resulting from inflammation and infection, such as acne, eczema, and dryness.
Also read: Nutrition Of The Athletic Child
2- The benefits of watercress for hair
- Vitamin (E) in watercress helps hair growth due to increased oxygen and blood circulation in the scalp.
- Watercress also contains vitamins (C, K, A) that work on hair growth and help give it a healthy appearance.
- It also contains zinc, which is useful in strengthening hair roots.
3- The benefits of watercress for pregnancy
- Watercress promotes pregnancy as it contains a high amount of folic acid, which reduces the risk of neural tube insufficiency.
4- The benefits of watercress to help treat breast cancer
- Watercress contains phytochemicals that help protect you from cancer, by keeping your cells healthy and preventing harmful genetic mutations.
- Watercress contains a compound called (NASTURIIN) that inhibits liver enzymes that activate carcinogens, and this means that it has the ability to eradicate cancer cells in the early stages of their development, and reduce their spread.
- Watercress is also high in chlorophyll, which helps prevent the carcinogenic effects of foods grilled at very high temperatures.
5- The benefits of watercress in losing weight and improving body condition
- Since watercress contains few calories, and a lot of nutrients and fiber, it has a great role in losing weight.
- Watercress also helps recovery after exercise and sports, and also improves athletic performance because it contains dietary nitrates, which help relax blood vessels and improve their health.
6- The benefits of watercress in improving mood and protecting against depression
- One of the causes of depression is the low level of folic acid in the body, and watercress contains a high level of folic acid, which is an important factor in reducing depression.
7- The benefits of watercress in bone health and maintaining its density
- Watercress is a calcium-rich food that helps prevent osteoporosis. The calcium in watercress also repairs and builds bones.
- Watercress contains folic acid, which plays an important role in maintaining bone density. Postmenopausal women may benefit from adding folic acid to their diet to prevent osteoporosis.
- Eating one cup of watercress helps meet the daily need for vitamin K, which improves bone health.
Side effects of eating large amounts of watercress
Watercress contains compounds called (goitrogens) that interfere with iodine metabolism. It is known that iodine is an important element for thyroid health. If you suffer from any thyroid problem, you should eat a small amount of watercress, or consult your doctor.
Watercress contains a small amount of potassium, so you should consult your doctor before eating large amounts of watercress.
Patients taking blood thinners
Watercress contains vitamin (K), which coagulates the blood. An overlap may occur, so watercress should not be eaten suddenly and in large quantities so as not to cause harm to the patient.
- Some different ways to eat watercress with your daily meals
- You can add watercress to salads, pasta dishes, and vegetable casseroles.
- Add an amount of watercress to your favorite fruit juice.
- Add watercress to scrambled eggs, and you can add green peppers and tomatoes.
- Fry watercress in olive oil and add grilled or previously boiled potatoes to it.
- Add watercress to cheese sandwiches.
- You can mix the watercress into the soup just before the end of cooking.
In the end, my dear madam, to maintain your good health, it is better to eat a varied diet instead of focusing on individual foods, and my advice to you is to refer to natural foods and limit the intake of foods that contain flavors, color, preservatives and saturated oils,
May you always be healthy and have clear, clear skin. 🙂