Benefits of Black Raisins, Blackcurrant is one of the most amazing dried fruits out there. It contains many vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids in a way that makes it beneficial for human health from multiple directions. Who among us does not suffer from hair loss, bone ache, iron deficiency anemia, or skin pimples. All these health problems and other sleep problems and insomnia, black raisins can help to get rid of them effectively because of the many useful elements it contains. Let’s learn together about the many benefits of black raisins for human health and how to make them.
How is black raisin made?
The raisin industry is generally based on drying the grapes in sunlight or through an industrial dryer. In order to store and preserve it for a longer period and benefit from its many benefits after drying.
The sizes and colors of raisins vary, as there are yellow, green and black raisins. Black raisins are distinguished by their dark black color and sugary taste, more than other types.
What are the most important nutrients and minerals found in black raisins?
100 grams of black raisins contain:
- 299 calories
- 0.5 grams of fat
- 11 milligrams of sodium
- 749 milligrams potassium
- 79 grams of carbohydrates
- 3.1 grams of protein
- 0.05 calcium
- 3% Vitamin C
- 10% iron
- 10% Vitamin B-6
- 8% magnesium
All this in addition to the antioxidants and fiber as well.
After we got to know the most important nutrients, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants found in black raisins. It is considered a treasure full of many benefits for human health. Let’s find out what the benefits of black raisins are for human health.
Benefits of black raisins
Dried fruits such as black raisins contain the amount of many elements that we mentioned in the previous paragraph, and they certainly have multiple benefits on many parts of the human body. It has benefits for health in general and it has benefits for the skin and also for the hair. Let’s see together.
Benefits of black raisins for health
- Black raisins contain iron, which helps treat anemia patients.
- Black raisins contain soluble fibers that rid the body of harmful cholesterol (LDL) by transporting it from the blood to the liver so that the body can easily get rid of it.
- The presence of calcium, which helps in bone health, so placing black raisins in the daily diet helps to keep bones from fragility.
- Contains amino acids that help build muscle and treat male infertility problems.
- The potassium in black raisins lowers high blood pressure by reducing sodium in the blood.
- It prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Protects teeth from decay by preventing some types of bacteria from growing on the teeth.
- It boosts immunity because it contains vitamin B-6 and vitamin C, and 33 also contains a flavonoid compound that prevents infection.
- It enhances sleep quality because it contains melatonin, and its antioxidants also reduce insomnia.
The importance of black raisins for hair
- The presence of iron in a large percentage in black raisins helps protect hair from falling out by maintaining healthy blood circulation in the scalp, thus strengthening hair and preventing it from falling out.
- The presence of vitamin C, which greatly helps in the absorption of iron and other elements from black raisins, works not only to keep hair from falling out, but also helps maintain natural hair color and prevents premature graying.
Benefits of black raisins for the skin
Black raisins contain antioxidants that help improve the functions of the liver and kidneys in purifying the blood by eliminating free radicals and working to purify it effectively. Which works to purify the skin and help it get rid of impurities and spots.
And after we got to know the many benefits of black raisins. And since in order to obtain these benefits, we must include them in our diet on a daily basis, so let us learn how to do this.
Ways to eat black raisins in our daily diet
- Black raisins can be eaten without additives as a snack between the main meals.
- Add it to oatmeal, yogurt and honey as a breakfast.
- Add it to desserts and pastries such as cake.
Why should black raisins be soaked in water before eating it?
Black raisins should be soaked in water overnight and eaten in the morning. And the benefit of that:
First we remove the impurities on the surface of the black raisins.
Secondly, when the raisins are soaked, the minerals and vitamins on the outer shell of the raisins dissolve in the water. Thus, the amount of nutrients absorbed by the body increases.
Third, when soaking raisins, it swells as a result of retaining water inside, which makes it moist for you when you eat it.
Are there side effects of eating black raisins?
Despite the many beneficial nutrients found in black raisins, too much of it may cause some health problems, including:
- High blood sugar because it contains a lot of sugar, which makes it dangerous for diabetics and pregnant women when it is too much.
- Weight gain because it contains high heat logos.
It must be moderate in eating it in order to fully benefit from it and include it in the daily diet in a moderate manner so that it does not negatively affect the health of the body.
In the end, black raisins are one of the most dried fruits that contain vitamins, minerals and amino acids that have many benefits for the human body in general and skin and hair in particular. As it helps in strengthening the muscles of the body, strengthening the hair follicles, and protecting the teeth from decay. It also contains natural antioxidants that help purify the blood and repair skin imperfections. We must add it to our daily diet moderately after soaking it in water at night and eating it in the morning, either alone on an empty stomach or as a snack in the middle of the day or by adding it to another meal. To get its multiple benefits without exaggerating it so that its benefit does not turn into harm to human health. If something exceeds its limit, it will turn against it, as is known, so moderation in eating it is a must.